Superintendent Security & Emergency Management (SEM)
- Leroy, SK S0K 2P0, Canada
- Department: Health, Safety & Environment
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
The Superintendent Security & Emergency Management is responsible for the management, leadership and coordination of activities within Security & Emergency Management at Jansen Stage 1. This includes ensuring a quality emergency response incoordination with contractors and stakeholders to all incidents, minimization of all security risks and ensuring that security and emergency planning and preparedness meets security requirements, Crisis and Emergency Management and Business Continuity Plans.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 day off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
- Provide strategic leadership, maintain standards, governance, compliance and grow the capability of Security Services to meet the needs of the asset.
- Develop a comprehensive response and emergency management plan for Jansen; perform the technical work related to the planning, development, and implementation of the crisis response and emergency management program.
- Support the verification of the emergency response critical control to support our material risk program.
- Engage in strategic planning exercises and supports the mitigation, preparedness, and response and recovery efforts; assist with the implementation of training programs as they relate to emergency management activities.
- Lead the growth of security capability through security in-depth principles to meet the expansion of the portfolio. Implement and coach the line on security requirements to drive compliance with legal and Our Requirements.
- Liaise with Potash, Minerals America and Global Security and Emergency Response SME’s to ensure Jansen standards and plans are aligned with Regional and Global requirements.
- Develop and implement the schedule for Crisis and Emergency management drills and lead the coordination of these drills.
- Coordinate security reporting and execute data integrity and governance activities. Complete time in field conducting layered audits to identify gaps and improvement opportunities.
- Manage contract partners and execute contractor representative activities inline with Integrated Contractor Management and OR Contractor Management.
- Previous exposure to the mining and minerals processing industries is preferable.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in emergency services and security fields.
- Broad understanding of the mining and processing industry.
- Previous supervisory experience or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in HSEC principles and behaviours.
- Ability to operate across disciplines where required.
- Extensive Mine Emergency Response & Rescue
- Public Safety (Fire & Emergency Operations)
- Extensive Security Operations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution in a related field or relevant experience
Please note there is a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. Prospective employees will not be asked to disclose their vaccination status and only successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of vaccination and/or to seek accommodation pursuant to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.