Document Control Site Lead
- Leroy, SK S0K 2P0, Canada
- Department: Document Management
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
Bantrel is currently seeking a Document Control Lead to join the Document Management Group at the Jansen Project Site. The position reports to the Information Manager and works alongside the Home Office Document Control Lead and Project Support Lead to oversee and manage site document control activities and resources. The successful candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS), adherence to client standards, familiarity with site activities and will be responsible for ensuring delivery of all site project document management.
The Document Controls Lead will have 10+ years’ experience managing company documents, ensuring accuracy, quality and integrity whilst adhering to Client and project policies, safeguarding information, distributing data and retrieving data effectively. Must be instrumental in developing key document controls procedures, quality control and implementation and training for EDMS systems such as Sharepoint and SmartPlant Foundations
A highly resourceful, flexible, innovative, and enthusiastic individual who possesses considerable amount of knowledge regarding document control, administrative, engineering and construction procedures. Must have the ability to lead by example, coach, identify development areas and strategize training/cross-training.
*Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 day off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Progressive work experience, including supervision roles, preferably in an engineering / construction or document management discipline.
- Managing site resources to meet peak demands.
- Lead the Document Control site team to identify development areas and strategize training/cross-training.
- Supervise and direct the coordination of site document control resources, including training, staffing and career development.
- Provide hands on support for site users.
- Ensuring all site Project Document Control practices are delivered according to requirements of the Home Office Document Control team
- Quality checking project and vendor/contract project documents and deliverables
- Organization and maintenance of information in the Document Management System.
- Champion continuous improvement of document control processes and quality assurance.
- Creation and implementation of detailed Work Instructions in support of existing processes and procedures.
- Lead the development of project objectives/plans, quality control standards, contributing to training programs, and assisting in the planning cycle where it pertains to Document Management.
- Provide client service team support by responding to inquiries and providing advice regarding processes and procedures.
- Deliver awareness sessions/presentations related to document control.
- Prepare communications for the project and any 3rd parties as required.
- Interpret client policies/procedures and communicate/advise management on the impact to document control program.
- Provide input and assess the integrity of applications in accordance with user requirements and application demands.
- Liaising with Site Management and Information Manager – progress updates, continuous improvement and staffing.
- Principal Liaison with Contractors, Support teams and Clients.
- Creation and update of Document Management procedures including Distribution Matrices, Supplier Data Management, Document Numbering, Filing and Archive Procedures.
- Recognized degree or diploma in a related discipline from an accredited University or College or a minimum 10 years experience in an Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) environment preferred.
- Progressive work experience in a supervision role, preferably in an engineering / construction or document management discipline.
Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge in Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) and Document Management work process.
- Familiar with various types of Engineering Documents, such as engineering drawings, engineering and construction work packages, isometrics, Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s), etc.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to network with internal functions as well as project teams.
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Communicates in a proactive, accurate and positive manner.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities, skill in supervision, and leads the team by example.
- Multi-tasking coordination skill with demonstrated ability to work in a changing environment (shifting deadlines, priorities, processes) while executing complex DMG project tasks.
- Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of SmartPlant foundations preferrable, but not an asset.
Please note there is a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. Prospective employees will not be asked to disclose their vaccination status and only successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of vaccination and/or to seek accommodation pursuant to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.