- Leroy, SK S0K 2P0, Canada
- Department: Document Management
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy projects, while consistently maintaining job safety, time management, and the highest degree of quality. In addition to having core business operations in Energy and Sustaining Capital industries, Bantrel also provides EPC services to clients in the Power and Mining & Metals industries, Canada-wide.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Calgary-based holding company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel’s Saskatoon office is currently seeking a talented Document Controller that also has excellent Project Support Coordinator experience. To be successful you must possess experience in projects and advanced knowledge in EDMS and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
The role is generally based in the Saskatoon office with responsibility of quality checking, registering, classifying, managing tracking, filing and transmitting electronic engineering and vendor contractor deliverables and other project-controlled documents as required to the project. Capturing all correspondence and uncontrolled project documents in the EDMS, responsible for assisting the project and proposal teams in all document management activities and other administration tasks as required by the team members. The successful candidate will report to the lead document controller.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 day off rotation. Transportation and Accommodations will be provided.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful applicant must have an enthusiastic attitude and be willing to work within a multitask team with various responsibilities within document control, project support and administrative duties. Daily tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting all project participants in complying with project procedures and using the EDMS to capture project documents;
- Auditing and reviewing the accuracy of document management attributes in the EDMS;
- Handling, uploading and managing engineering, contractor/vendor and client documents, and project emails in the EDMS, including Meta Data.
- Providing reports from the EDMS such as the engineering status and vendor/contractor document submission status, engineering progress measurement, review cycles and assisting in expediting internal reviews.
- Providing document management support to project participants including support to external users (bidders, vendors, contractors, consultants and client);
- Assisting the lead document controller in training other document controllers and project support coordinators as required;
- Understanding and complying with each functional group’s procedures;
- Formatting, collating and quality checking project documentation and proposal documentation;
- Distributing correspondence and other uncontrolled documents to clients, external parties, and project participants;
- Assisting functional leads and groups in creating and updating organization charts, developing work plans, adding data and extracting data from other project systems when requested such as the reporting tool, engineering systems, project control’s systems etc.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings;
- Planning and booking travel as required;
- Arranging for translations of minutes of meetings, reports, correspondence and other non-technical documents as required;
- Assist with office facilities management and reception duties on an as required basis.
- Previous document control experience in an engineering project or data management environment using an electronic document management system;
- Advanced level in MS Outlook, MS Office including Word, Excel, Visio, Adobe Acrobat and demonstrated ability to learn other software tools;
- Typing speed at least 40 wpm;
- Ability to accurately and efficiently capture meta-data;
- Ability to follow workflows and standards;
- Experience in working within a team with ability and willingness to share knowledge;
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills to build relationships with the immediate and remote team members;
- Possesses excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Can adapt to changes, multi-task, organize, and prioritize;
- Is detail-oriented;
- Able to solve problems and negotiate difficult situations;
- Previous experience with document management systems and engineering processes
- Needs minimal direction;
- Is resourceful and confident.
- Ability to document work tasks (work instructions);
- Ability to train one-on-one or remotely;
- Ability to travel when required;
- PowerBI experience, including report configuration experience would be an advantage.
Please note there is a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. Prospective employees will not be asked to disclose their vaccination status and only successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of vaccination and/or to seek accommodation pursuant to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.