- Leroy, SK S0K 2P0, Canada
- Department: Project Controls Management
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
The Jansen project has adopted an integrated project team (IPT) delivery model to execute the mining scope. As the mining scope is on the project critical path, an IPT model supports the sequential nature of mining tasks while ensuring seamless interfaces with the rest of the Jansen project. Through an IPT, shared accountability between BHP and HBJV is fostered, trusting that the best person is selected for each role as the team works towards safely delivering the mining scope on time, on budget, and with high quality. This team will strive for effective work planning, rapid and empowered decision-making, and continuous improvement through a joint construction and operational mindset. Through an IPT, BHP and HBJV leadership hope to expose the team to new perspectives, ways of working, and long-term career progression opportunities.
Bantrel is currently looking for a Commissioning Planner to join our team site team.
As the Commissioning planner you would be responsible for planning and scheduling different phases of engineering, procurement & construction primarily related to the Energy & Infrastructure Industries.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 day off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, as a champion of diversity & inclusion, you will:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist commissioning planning, development, maintenance and/or regular updates of multi-level project schedules
- Interact with commissioning and construction teams and management as necessary at the planning stages of the project and during the execution of the project
- Maintain Schedules and Schedule Basis documents, detailing execution strategies, assumptions, allowances, and critical path analysis
- Independently provides analysis and workarounds, when required, to mitigate schedule delays
- Reviews potential changes against project scope/ execution plans and provides inputs on schedule impact of scope changes and trends
- Supports management of construction-to-commissioning and commissioning-to-operations interfaces
- Monitors commissioning progress and performance.
- Managing Turnover Skyline. Mechanical completion, Pre-commissioning, and Commissioning.
- Working with the Team on Integrated Level-4/Level-5 schedules Construction to Pre-commissioning.
- Transitioning of schedules from Bulks to systems.
- Weekly and monthly reporting for Pre-commissioning and Commissioning.
- An Engineering degree AND/OR Technical diploma with experience in Planning/ Scheduling and Project Management will be considered
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of Planning and Scheduling with an EPC environment
- A deep understanding of commissioning systems and methodologies
- Experience in the field of cost control, monitoring and progress is considered an asset
- Work experience in the Canadian Energy and Infrastructure industries, preferably with Engineering or EPC Consultants
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling concepts and high level of proficiency in Primavera P6
- Must possess strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing and solving problems
- Right to work and remain in the country of assignment
Software skills associated with export/ import of schedule data using Excel and other database tools, an asset
Preference will be given to individuals with relevant industry recognized Planning/ Scheduling Certifications (example PSP, PMI-SP)
Experience with Power BI is considered an asset
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.