Site Contracts Administrator
- Department: Contracts
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies
The Site Contracts Administrator is responsible for the administration of large, moderately complex contracts, maintaining continuing review of the progress of each contract and providing information to management regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change orders and amendments, negotiates with Contractors and customers to obtain settlement.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 day off rotation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure in all cases that Commitment Authorization is obtained in advance of work execution
- Lead Pre-Construction Kick-Off meeting and prepare and issue minutes
- Identify/lift all required contract submittals
- Expedite Contractor’s initial construction schedule, analyze milestones and schedule float
- Identify major milestones of contract and track through close-out.
- Expedite Contractor Quality Assurance, HS&E and Environmental compliance plans
- Identify designated contract representatives
- Prepare, expedite approval and issue Change Notices, Commitment Authorizations, Change Orders and Contract Amendments
- Review Change Notice Logs and ensure Contractor proposals have been received and responded to
- Lead weekly progress meetings, prepare and issue meeting minutes
- Maintain RFI logs and review at weekly progress meetings
- Participates in subcontract administration and may include utilizing client’s systems
- Obtains, reviews and verifies validity of Insurance Certificates for contract compliance
- Prepares final Commitment Authorization and Change Order (as required)
- Executes commitments within delegated signing authority
- Represents Bantrel/Client in contractual discussions
- Administers contracts to ensure mutual understanding of subcontract terms and conditions
- Prepares periodic status reports for management
- Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, subcontract performance, subcontract administration and other major matters.
- Facilitates Contract Progress Review/Coordination Rolling Action Item List Meetings (RAIL)
- Correspondence management including Log correspondence and maintain files
- Assign, report and follow up on action items
- Log and monitor open contractual items
- Lead administration of Back charges against Contractors
- Lead (sub) contract claim evaluation and settlement
- Progress Payments Check invoices for accuracy and that pricing is according to contract
- Verifies contract requirements are met before payments issued
- Verifies proper deductions made for retention, back-charges or other offsets
- Routes invoice to other identified disciplines for approval, and forward approved invoice to client’s accounting for payment
- Reconciles contractor’s account
- Obtains contractor’s Release of Lien and Final Payment
- Contract Close-Outs
- Completes Contractor evaluation
- Participates in operational and/or project reviews and audits
- High school graduate
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Law, Engineering or Construction Management is an asset
- Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations, business administration, and risk management
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in construction environment of mining, oil & gas or other heavy engineering industries
- Familiarity with working at construction jobsites
- Skilled in communicating effectively (written and oral) with counterparts and supervisors of other project functional groups, primarily Project Management, Engineering, Construction, Project Controls, and Accounting
- Skilled in working with and managing client expectations
- Skilled in working effectively with subcontractors
- Fosters a positive and collaborative work culture and champion the Vision, Values and Covenants by leading by example
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity and a high degree of Emotional Intelligence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with Stakeholders including Clients, Senior Leaders, and frontline employees
- Brings a team-centric approach that is supportive and encouraging
- Can manage shifting priorities while maintaining deliverable deadlines
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.