- Department: Procurement Management
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch are demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The Warehouse Receiving Inspector is responsible functionally to the Warehouse Manager for the initial receipt and basic technical inspection of material and equipment up receipt in compliance with project or purchase order requirements. This also includes working with and in conjunction with warehouse, Field Engineering and Quality personnel (as required) for these inspections. They are also responsible for coordination of other inspections required such as ASME and verification of quality documentation completion as may be required per province.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 days off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of assignments, both technical and clerical, to physically receive, inspect, store, and issue material and equipment.
- Communicates with Expediting and suppliers to ensure performance required by the purchase order to meet project needs.
- Attends and participates in meetings such as project Procurement weekly meetings to maintain awareness of, and to report on, material issues and status.
- Attends and participates in weekly shop production meetings to maintain awareness of, and to report on, material issues and status.
- Reviews purchase order receiving documentation including commercial invoices, packing lists, and bills of lading for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs count and inspection of arriving material.
- Prepares documentation (Unsatisfactory, Over, Short & Damaged Report) to record unsatisfactory, over, short and damage conditions of materials received and maintains UOS&D Log.
- Ensures that all material is sorted and stored in accordance with the project storage plan and that the location of material in storage is properly reflected on the appropriate storage records (manual or automated).
- Performs complete or partial inventories as required to validate inventory records.
- Ensures that issues of material are properly controlled and documented in accordance with project procedures.
- Takes part in the disposition of surplus project materials as approved by project management and directed by Procurement supervision.
- Prepares shipping documents and registers for all materials shipped from temporary operating and jobsite locations.
- Maintains registers to control industrial gas bottles log, returnable reel log, and returnable containers.
- Prepares and maintains BPS inventory control records (manual and automated).
- Executes all other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The incumbent must have 2-5 years progressive experience or training in EPC or related industries in the functions of procurement, engineering or construction
- Demonstrated success in leadership and process improvement initiatives
- General knowledge of planning, receipt, storage and issuance of construction parts and materials
- Proficiency in expediting plus experience in one or more procurement functions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with stakeholders including clients, senior leaders and frontline employees.
- Brings a team-centric approach that is supportive and encouraging
- Can manage shifting priorities while maintaining deliverable deadlines
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.