- Department: Field Engineering
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies
The Turnover Coordinator is assigned to a project area, and resides in the associated Site Area office and is the focal point for all Construction Completion, Pre-commissioning and turnover package issues. In this capacity, the coordinator serves as the liaison between Construction contractors and other members of the HBJV project team. The Turnover Coordinator is the “single point contact”, who ensures that Construction Completion, Pre-commissioning, and turnover package requirements are made known to the project team and that the Construction contractors respond to the needs of other project team members.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 day off rotation.*
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, maintains, and manages sub-system turnover packages in accordance with project turnover and commissioning requirements
- Ensures that the digital turnover dossier includes all quality data as per the table of contents
- Ensures effective use of the automated information systems and database used to accomplish project turnover
- Maintains daily interface with the Lead Turnover Coordinator to discuss and update Area issues
- Coordinates daily, all restraints and activities with the Area Field Engineer
- Assists Construction team, Completion Manager, Field Engineering Team, Commissioning team, and the Construction Contractors on all matters concerning construction completion and turnover activities
- Assists the Completions Manager, Area Field Engineer, and Area Construction Manager in developing corrective action plans to mitigate trends and variances to project budgets and schedules
- Assists as required in the Field Engineers review of scoping and database commodity lists, per project requirements
- Schedules, organizes, and leads walkdowns in the field. Issue the Final Walkdown Notice to all stakeholders for Work Order's at least 48 hours prior to walk down. Facilitates pre-final walk down meetings, and post walk down punch categorization meeting
- Ensures the turnover target dates are in relation to the project schedule and any changes of dates are communicated to all stakeholders
- Provides input to the Area construction planning, to ensure construction completion, pre-commissioning, and turnover requirements are met
- Develops, maintains, and manages their respective area’s system and facility punch lists, in accordance with project procedures and the Turnover Lead’s direction.
- Monitors the punch lists, assuring that the appropriate Construction Contractor deliverables are being provided in support of the turnover schedule.
- Participates in HBJV & BHP Organization, and Construction Contractor site meetings, with project team members, as required.
- Identifies potential problem areas and trends
- Facilitates and maintains communications with the Construction Contractors, Commissioning team, and project team members regarding significant problem areas and potential solutions
- Monitors the Construction Contractor and HBJV Field Engineer’s input to the turnover packages for consistency and validity
- Monitors expediting reports and coordinates Materials Management, Field Engineering, and project management to illuminate potentially late deliveries which may jeopardize the project turnover schedule
- Collects and distributes "lessons learned" as they develop on the project
- Prior experience in turnover and commissioning, start-up, and/or operation of large industrial systems/facilities for a Mining or Oil & Gas facility.
- Preferred: Prior experience compiling documentation for turnover and developing sub-system turnover packages.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.