- Department: Planning & Scheduling
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch is demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
As a Planner Scheduler II (Intermediate or Senior Planner/ Scheduler) you would be responsible for planning and scheduling different phases of engineering, procurement & construction for projects in Energy, Mining, and Infrastructure Industries. You will also provide oversight to junior planners. In this role you would performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities. Participates in the development of recovery plans as needed Ensures work is completed as scheduled. Identifies schedule-associated cost trends for management attention. Supervises the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan. Establishes milestones for the total project and supervises schedule resource loading and leveling. Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures.
* Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 days off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of Projects in the following phases:
- Front-End Engineering
- Detailed Engineering
- Construction (Interfacing with Client)
- Responsible for preparation of “Proposal” schedules in coordination with the proposal manager when required.
- Directly interfaces with engineers’ procurement specialists, construction supervision, and management as necessary at the planning stages of the project and during the execution of the project.
- Directly interfaces with the Client Project Management team, when necessary, and provides appropriate solutions related to planning/ scheduling.
- Prepares Resource-loaded Baseline Schedules and Schedule Basis documents, detailing execution/ contracting strategies, assumptions,
- Updates and maintains project schedules and progress and performance interfaces.
- Independently provides analysis and workarounds, when required, to mitigate schedule delays.
- Works with project controls counterparts – cost analysts & estimators – to align schedules with estimate, cost and earned value progress systems.
- Reviews potential changes against project scope/ execution plans and provides inputs on schedule impact of scope changes and trends.
- Provides oversight to junior/ intermediate schedulers specifically related to interface with construction.
- An Engineering or Business degree AND/OR Relevant Qualification in the field of Planning/ Scheduling, Project Controls and Project Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of Planning and Scheduling primarily for Engineering and procurement.
- Relevant experience in the field of cost control and monitoring
- Work experience primarily in the Canadian oil, gas, petrochemicals, and mining & infrastructure industries, preferably with Engineering or EPC Consultants
- Knowledge of CPM scheduling concepts
- Proficiency in Oracle Primavera P6
- Must possess strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and solving problems.
- Right to work and remain in the country of assignment.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.