Junior Cost Controller
- Department: Project Controls Management
- Market Segment: Mining, Infrastructure, and Construction
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Construction Management (EPC / EPCM) services in Canada.
For 40 years we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, infrastructure and nuclear projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety and quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our primary Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto office locations and delivers construction management and self-perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
We operate independently but leverage the global expertise of and provide resources to our affiliate Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and remain Canadian focused including through our other shareholder, McCaig Investments, a respected local family group of businesses and deep community supporter. Our private ownership provides long-term business planning and strategic decision horizons supported by a strong financial position.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications per applicable procedures.
- Assist with maintaining cost budgets and accurate cost forecasts, utilizing a change management system and monitoring project status. Performs ongoing cost data and cash flow analysis.
- Assist with forecasting monthly incurred costs, prepare monthly cost accruals, and explain the variances.
- Support efforts to re-cast project estimates into manageable cost control budgets per project requirements
- Maintain or coordinate the project cost change management system (trending).
- Execute month-end activities in a timely manner to meet reporting deadlines.
- Reconcile received bids with control budgets for a specific scope.
- Prepare pricing schedules for construction contracts to support the RFP process.
- Establish Payment Milestones and methodologies – Rules of Credit/Milestone Based Progress etc.
- Support the commercial evaluation cycle for Construction and Procurement Packages.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Project Controls related field with increasing levels of responsibility. Demonstrates a willingness and aptitude to learn more about Cost Control and overall Project Controls.
- Experience with statistical analysis, or skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports
- Familiar with engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes and management. Knowledge level is dependent on area of cost control specialization
- Familiar with the concept of Project Codes of Accounts (COA)
- Knowledge of cost/financial reporting systems and analysis e.g., forecasting, change management, metrics, Quantity Unit Rate Reporting)
- Knowledge in project controls software such as EcoSys, SAP, and Oracle (or Oracle JDE) is an asset
- Knowledge in capital cost estimating and services estimating
- Familiar with cash flow development and assessment
- Knowledge of cost control interfaces with project planning and scheduling
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Works well in a team environment
Please note there is a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in place. Prospective employees will not be asked to disclose their vaccination status and only successful candidates will be asked to provide proof of vaccination and/or to seek accommodation pursuant to the mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy prior to starting work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.