Manager, Digital Advertising Sales
- San Jose, CA
Bay Area News Group is part of Digital First Media - a leader in digital media and advertising in the U.S. San Jose Mercury News, Contra Costa Times and Oakland Tribune are the flagships of our near 30 publications in Northern California. We have a combined reach of 2.7 million adults every week and our websites draw over 8 million unique visitors a month. Our papers carry a history of providing quality news and information to the, culturally and economically important, Bay Area. And we continue to provide effective advertising with fully integrated multimedia solutions for our advertisers. We provide online, print, and mobile advertising solutions to businesses on a local, regional, and national level. Bay Area News Group offers the most powerful media buy in America's 5th largest market.
Bay Area News Group is looking for a Digital Advertising Manager to lead a dedicated team of Digital Sales People within the SMB/retail vertical. The Digital Advertising Manager will be responsible for coaching digital sales staff while developing products, implementing projects that improve selling effectiveness, executing selling initiatives and implementing departmental methodologies. In a nutshell, the Digital Advertising Manager will have the ability to not only train, coach and motivate, but lead a digital sales team to achieve and exceed sales targets. It’s not rocket-science but it can definitely be a challenge! Are you up for it? Maybe you’ve successfully managed a sales team of 5 to 8 people before, or you have a knack for inspiring and developing great talent. If this sounds like you, we want you to apply! This position is based in San Jose, CA and will also have responsibilities in our Walnut Creek office.
- Train, coach, motivate and lead dedicated team of digital sellers
- Reach or exceed quarterly revenue goals
- Manage, coach and develop digital sales specialists and junior sales talent to full potential
- Closely manage all territories while driving revenue-maximizing & client relationship-optimizing initiatives and strategies
Plan & track digital sales strategy and execution, weekly & monthly, to ensure overall revenue growth
- Responsible for establishing best-practices, coaching, training and motivating digital sales team with a special emphasis on proposal and contracts
- Develop & coordinate new digital product ideas while driving revenue from new product lines
- Revenue forecasting, budgeting and sales adjustment management
- Hiring top talent for any team vacancies or additions with an eye toward diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing/Advertising, Communication or related
- 5-8+ years of relevant industry experience: senior digital ad sales, SEO, SEM, interactive, online advertising or agency roles.
- 2+ years in a sales management, supervisory role
- Deep understanding of the digital media industry including the ability to develop and communicate data-driven digital strategies for top-tier clients.
- Strong knowledge of Internet advertising pricing models, advertising optimization, audience trends and technologies.
- Proven track record of successfully leading sales teams, driving results, and growing sales
- History of consistently meeting and exceeding sales revenue targets and goals
- Ability to develop individual team players and leverage their knowledge, skills and commitment to optimize team performance.
Written & verbal communication | presentation |negotiation | self-motivated | time management | organized | collaborative | multi-tasking | deadline oriented | consultative sales | charismatic | creative |problem-solver | flexible | team-player
Strategic Digital Marketing | SEM/PPC | SEO |Display | BT |Google Analytics |Ad Networks |Ad Exchanges |Consultative Selling |Analytics – CTR, CPM, ROI | MS Office | Outlook |Mobile apps