Digital Sales Specialist
- San Jose, CA
Bay Area News Group is part of Digital First Media - a leader in digital media and advertising in the U.S. San Jose Mercury News, Contra Costa Times and Oakland Tribune are the flagships of our near 30 publications in Northern California. We have a combined reach of 2.7 million adults every week and our websites draw over 8 million unique visitors a month. Our papers carry a history of providing quality news and information to the, culturally and economically important, Bay Area. And we continue to provide effective advertising with fully integrated multimedia solutions for our advertisers. We provide online, print, and mobile advertising solutions to businesses on a local, regional, and national level. Bay Area News Group offers the most powerful media buy in America's 5th largest market.
Do you love crushing any goal or obstacle that comes your way? Do you strive to always beat your own best? The Bay Area News Group is growing and we need talented and motivated digital sellers to be at the forefront of our digital sales initiatives. As a Digital Sales Specialist you will be responsible for building new business while growing and maintaining existing accounts. We are looking for candidates who have a strong understanding of the sales process and have a proven history of successfully not only managing a book of business but building new business from scratch. To be successful in this role, you must have a solid understanding of digital advertising trends that continue to evolve, which include display banners, mobile, email, social media, and SEO/SEM. This position demands proactive prospecting and closing skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with media sales staff. Sales efforts will be focused on local retail or SMB. We are looking for strategic thinkers who have the ability to develop custom media solutions and can move forward quickly to develop rapport with our existing customers and new prospects.
- Cold calling & Prospecting appropriate clients via in person calls, phone, email, social media, ect.
- Drive new business and consistently close new business
- Create and present customized marketing solutions for prospective clients involving products such as SEO/SEM, social media, mobile, email, targeting, display etc.
- Monitor SEO/SEM campaigns and evaluate results to ensure optimization and ROI
- Meet and exceed digital sales goals
- Work closely with internal partners and product specialists
- Collaborate with digital fulfillment specialist to ensure all campaigns are executed efficiently and accurately
- Keep abreast changes and developments in industry and new digital advertising trends
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in business, marketing, advertising, communications, public relations, or political science
- 2-5+ years of relevant industry experience: digital ad sales, SEO, SEM, interactive, online advertising or agency roles.
- 2-5+ years in an SMB outside sales role
- Deep understanding of the digital media industry including the ability to develop and communicate data-driven digital strategies for top-tier clients.
- Strong knowledge of search advertising, SEO/SEM, mobile, interactive and other emerging digital advertising models.
- Ability to work independently and organize work day efficiently
- Proven track record of successfully meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Ability to cold-call, prospect, and close new and existing business
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently while remaining efficient in a deadline-driven environment
Written & verbal communication | presentation | self-motivated | time management | organized | collaborative | multi-tasking | deadline oriented | consultative sales | self-motivated | creative |problem-solver | flexible | team-player
Strategic Digital Marketing | SEM/PPC | SEO |Display | BT |Google Analytics |Ad Networks |Ad Exchanges |Consultative Selling |Analytics – CTR, CPM, ROI | MS Office | Outlook |Mobile apps
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.