Systems Engineer I
- San Jose, CA
Responsible for onsite and remote installation, integration, testing and follow-up support of a broad range of IPTV technologies. These include middleware, set-top box, video on demand, and conditional access/encryption and DHCP systems.
- Effectively partner with customer to troubleshoot and resolve difficult systems and networking issues relative to IPTV deployments.
- Accept direction from project management
- Follow project management processes and best practices
- Effectively communicate customer status and escalate customer issues to project management immediately
- Willing to travel worldwide up to 66%
Technical depth in one or more of the following disciplines: IPTV middleware, IP networking and Web-based client/server applications, DHCP services, Linux command line operations.
- Windows and Linux system management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to quickly learn a broad array of technologies and apply knowledge to real-world problems
- Ability to interface directly with customer personnel