- Braintree, MA, USA
Bay State is seeking a Peer Mentor for the Continuum Program in Braintree, MA. The Peer Mentor position is a part-time position.
The Peer Mentor must have his/her own personal life experience of dealing with the daily challenges of living with a mental health diagnosis or lived experience within the child welfare system. Exciting opportunity to work with children and teens ages 6-18, in their communities! The Peer Mentor, in conjunction with the youth‘s clinical team, will assist them with navigating supports and services, and identifying community resources. The Peer Mentor will support the youth by coaching and supporting the youth to develop certain skills as well as providing hope through their own personal story of resiliency.
- Provides extensive collateral work with all professionals as well as liaison work with support to parents/guardians.
- Act as a positive role model for coworkers and persons served, treating them with respect, dignity, understanding and fairness.
- Accurately document observation and progress of behavior, issues and performance of persons served.
- Responsible for assisting persons served with coping, social, and self-care skills.
- Completes all required training.
Candidate must have Massachusetts driver’s license and a reliable automobile.
Over the age of 21 and have personal experience managing the daily challenges of living with a mental health diagnosis or lived in the child welfare system. Candidates also should be up to age 25 to work within this contract guidelines with this population.
A Bachelors degree in Human Services or a related field is preferred.
Bilingual/Bi-cultural candidates encouraged to apply.
Comprehensive benefits with eligibility (health, dental) beginning on first day of employment!