Peer Support Specialist
- Walpole, MA, USA
Bay State Community Services is a not-for-profit human service agency, dedicated to improving the social functioning of adults, adolescents, and children within a framework that recognizes the primary importance of family and community. To this end, the agency's mission is to support individual, family, and community empowerment through an integrated, culturally competent continuum of social, mental health, addiction, and correctional services.
An individual who is grounded in peer-assisted recovery and has valuable life experiences that provides an expertise to the programs.
- Understand and fully support the Peer Participatory Model
- Participate in developing and implementing community activities that support and promote recovery
- Work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of program and persons served
- Develop and enhance peer driven activities
- Collect data for submission of DPH quarterly report
- Maintaining strict confidentiality is a necessity in this position
Other duties assigned as necessary to maintain the program operations of the Center
- Lived experience with sustained recovery is required
- Strong people focus and orientation will add value to the agency and programs that the Recovery Support Center serves
· Preferred Certification of DPH-BSAS 5-day Recovery Coach Academy
- Develops trusting relationships
- Respects and advocates for all paths to recovery
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize is a position requirement
- Possess the ability to work in a face paced environment
Acceptable CORI and SORI background record check as required by program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.