Vice President of Marketing
- New York, NY
SFX Entertainment, Inc. is the largest global producer of live events and digital entertainment content focused exclusively on electronic music culture (EMC) and other world-class festivals. SFX’s mission is to enable EMC by providing fans with the best possible live experiences, music discovery and digital connectivity with our content and the broader EMC community. SFX was born out of the technology revolution, as the music industry evolved into DJ- and producer-led creations driven by social and digital consumer media. SFX produces and promotes a growing portfolio of live events that includes leading brands such as Tomorrowland, TomorrowWorld, Mysteryland, Sensation, Stereosonic, Electric Zoo, Disco Donnie Presents, Life in Color, Nature One, Mayday and Ruhr-in-Love. SFX also operates Beatport, the principal online resource for EMC DJs and a trusted destination for the growing EMC community to discover and stream music, follow DJs and keep abreast of news, information and events, in addition to offering year-round entertainment to EMC fans around the globe through other digital assets.
Beatport is seeking an experienced marketing professional to drive sales and profit along with managing the company’s overall brand identity. The Vice President of Marketing will lead all marketing efforts, with particular focus on strategy, customer acquisition & retention, branding, social media, viral, email campaigns, sponsorships, events and market research to drive customers to the Beatport site. You will have full marketing budget accountability and be expected to demonstrate the ROI and revenue generated from the marketing dollars spent. This role will be an integral member of a cross-functional executive team and will report directly to the COO.
Specific job duties include:
• Drive customer acquisition strategy
• Promote and build the Beatport brand among consumers, advertisers, and strategic partners
• Ensure that consumers and advertisers, as well as employees, can explain what Beatport’s business is
• Increase the value of customer through CRM; identify customer segments to improve targeting with relevant messages and promotions; identify goals for acquisition, retention, and repeat rates; develop strategies to deliver against goals.
• Act as the primary interface and coordinate all relationships and communication with marketing agencies and media partners.
• Track, analyze and report ROI results from all marketing promotions and initiatives
• Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and email marketing; create media planning and tracking systems, and serve as liaison with outside agencies and vendors on promotional campaigns
• Be familiar with customer and demographic databases
• Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions as well as monitor competitive products and marketing activities
• Formulate marketing strategies and implement plans to further grow Beatport.
• Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners
• Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all web properties, products, and promotional materials
• Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to executive management
• Be responsible for hiring and performance management for the Marketing department
To land this job you’ll need to have:
• 10+ years of marketing experience, with at least 5 years in a senior manager and supervisory role
• Relevant experience with an e-commerce based business encompassing customer acquisition & retention strategies, viral marketing, SEO/SEM, & social media
• Experience building a top online brand
• Intimate familiarity with and understanding of the reasons behind the growth of top online brands (Google, Facebook, Twitter, eBay, Amazon, etc.), as well as internet failures
• Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals
• Experience developing high level budget and annual operating plans with success
• Effective staff leadership and motivation skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• A very hands-on, positive can-do attitude, to reflect the company’s culture
• Additionally, you should be well organized, computer literate, detail-oriented, and have the ability to delegate responsibility as needed
And it will be an added bonus if you’ve got:
• an MBA
• Music industry experience
SFX is an equal opportunity employer. SFX recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.