Vice President of Marketing
- New York, NY
SFX Entertainment, Inc. is the largest global producer of live events and digital entertainment content focused exclusively on electronic music culture (EMC) and other world-class festivals. SFX’s mission is to enable EMC by providing fans with the best possible live experiences, music discovery and digital connectivity with our content and the broader EMC community. SFX was born out of the technology revolution, as the music industry evolved into DJ- and producer-led creations driven by social and digital consumer media. SFX produces and promotes a growing portfolio of live events that includes leading brands such as Tomorrowland, TomorrowWorld, Mysteryland, Sensation, Stereosonic, Electric Zoo, Disco Donnie Presents, Life in Color, Nature One, Mayday and Ruhr-in-Love. SFX also operates Beatport, the principal online resource for EMC DJs and a trusted destination for the growing EMC community to discover and stream music, follow DJs and keep abreast of news, information and events, in addition to offering year-round entertainment to EMC fans around the globe through other digital assets.
Beatport is the leading brand for electronic music culture.
With over 50 million unique visitors and 300,000 professional DJ’s, Beatport is at the heart of the fastest growing, relentless global music audience.
Part of the SFX network of companies, Beatport is evolving it’s core-e-commerce business to offer a broad consumer music, video and news service, which will require a talented all-rounder to manage the two pillars of the business.
The Vice President of Marketing, Beatport is responsible for developing and executing media, marketing and communication strategies that drive engagement, growth and enhance brand equity and awareness. You will work on a cross-functional team to drive business growth as the organization evolves as the leading digital electronic music culture (EMC) brand and multi-faceted media property. The Vice President of Marketing will lead marketing efforts, with particular focus on strategy, media consumption, audience engagement, customer acquisition & retention, execution of brand strategy, campaigns, and market research to drive engagement on Beatport.
Specific job duties include:
- Drive engagement and usage in the new consumer experience, which will include music, video, news and community
- Develop strategic campaigns that develop the business needs
- Develop partnership concepts which leverage the opportunities for Beatport with consumer brands
- Create, manage, coordinate and execute all marketing strategies
- Implement tactical plans that meet and exceed expectations
- Create multichannel marketing plans, partnership marketing, email marketing, and other innovative marketing strategies
- Drive customer engagement, acquisition and audience aggregation strategies across our digital properties
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and email marketing; create media planning and tracking systems, and serve as a liaison with outside agencies and vendors on promotional campaigns.
- Track, analyze and report ROI results from all marketing promotions and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all web properties, products, and promotional materials.
- Increase the value of customers through CRM; identify customer segments to improve targeting with relevant messages and promotions; identify goals for acquisition, retention, and repeat rates; develop strategies to deliver against goals.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions as well as monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to executive management.
- Continue Beatport's development into a prestige and aspiration brand, one that marries market convenience and a superior brand experience.
- Service Beatport's professional talent (DJs) and help them expand their brands through music sales and online community development and enhancement.
- Be responsible for hiring and performance management for the Marketing department.
To land this job you’ll need to have:
- 15+ years of marketing experience, with at least 5 in digital marketing, including proven experience leading and growing marketing departments and digital programs.
- Experience working in media oriented music environments
- Strong understanding of digital vendor marketplace and trends
- Experience building a top online brand.
- Relevant experience with an e-commerce based business encompassing customer acquisition & retention strategies, viral marketing, SEO/SEM, & social media.
- A true collaborative personality-someone who is honest, transparent and fearless.
- Service oriented focus with the goal of creating a unique and engaging consumer experience.
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals with the flexibility needed to shift directions as the business environment demands.
- Effective staff leadership and motivation skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Experience developing high level budget and annual operating plans with success.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to delegate responsibility as needed.
And it will be an added bonus if you’ve got:
- an MBA
- Music industry experience
SFX is an equal opportunity employer. SFX recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.