.NET Application Developer
- New York, NY
SFX Entertainment, Inc. is the largest global producer of live events and digital entertainment content focused exclusively on electronic music culture (EMC) and other world-class festivals. SFX’s mission is to enable EMC by providing fans with the best possible live experiences, music discovery and digital connectivity with our content and the broader EMC community. SFX was born out of the technology revolution, as the music industry evolved into DJ- and producer-led creations driven by social and digital consumer media. SFX produces and promotes a growing portfolio of live events that includes leading brands such as Tomorrowland, TomorrowWorld, Mysteryland, Sensation, Stereosonic, Electric Zoo, Disco Donnie Presents, Life in Color, Nature One, Mayday and Ruhr-in-Love. SFX also operates Beatport, the principal online resource for EMC DJs and a trusted destination for the growing EMC community to discover and stream music, follow DJs and keep abreast of news, information and events, in addition to offering year-round entertainment to EMC fans around the globe through other digital assets.
.NET Application Developer:
The SFX team prides itself on building fast, responsive and engaging web applications to connect EDM fans together with the music, artists and each other. Building dynamic and rich web apps is no easy task, and we’re looking for a .NET Application Developer to help push our online applications as far as they can go.
About the Job:
We’re looking for a talented person to be the architect of a new and exciting Windows version of our Beatport Pro application. Working directly with the Product Manager, Design Lead, and various technology teams within SFX, you will be the primary developer for the Windows version of Pro.
In addition to architecting and coding the app, you will contribute substantially to new product development, product design and strategy. This is a full time position.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Be the lead developer
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle including design, development, unit testing, optimizations, technical documentation, and bug fixes
- Provide technology leadership and mentoring to the product and design teams
- Develop prototypes to validate design decisions, validate maintainability, performance and scalability, and security
- Create technical designs
- Experience developing systems software on Windows using .NET
- Experience/knowledge of Windows system level APIs
- Working knowledge of various device SDKs, desktop and server operating systems
- Experience with developing client-side applications using oAuth and JSON APIs
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Windows UX guidelines (x86 “Classic”)
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, standards, and best practices
- Passion for delivering new products to end users
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A sense of self-motivation with the ability to effectively prioritize and work independently
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in software development across multiple languages and platforms.
- Experience with UI development on other platforms.
- Familiarity with Windows software distribution (installation, update distribution, etc).
Highly competitive compensation package
An Employee Development Program, including a budget for conferences and classes
Creative outlets for side projects, including hackathons and lab days
VIP Access to select music events
The opportunity to work with new and emerging technologies
We have a culture of collaboration and mentorship. We are always helping one another -someone almost always has the answer for any question you've got
- Weekly company lunch
SFX is the platform for the EDM revolution. With the leading festivals in the world, like Tomorrowland, the leading online destination, Beatport, and FX1, the marketing solutions agency for the millennial generation, SFX delivers the most exciting work environment for people in contemporary music, arts, culture and technology.
Our culture is open and entrepreneurial. Entertainment is fun, and we think work should be too.
How to apply:
Please send a short note introducing yourself and why this position appeals to you. Include a resume, and links to code samples and a link to a portfolio if you have one.
SFX is an equal opportunity employer. SFX recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.