Sales Manager, Baseware Distribution
- Los Angeles, CA
Beatport is growing and we are looking for talented people who are passionate about what they do. We have built an amazing business around inspiring people to play with music and everyone's role here plays an important part in this. If you are excited at the prospect of working for a technology company that lives and breathes music, check out our current open positions below. Aside from a competitive salary, Beatport has much more to offer:
> A fun, collaborative working environment (dog friendly too)
> Weekly DJ performances broadcast live from Denver & Berlin offices
> Medical, dental and vision benefits on the day you start
> 401k plan
> Free money to use on Beatport.com
> VIP access to select music events
The Sales Manager will maintain direct relationships with our key channels to insure priorities reach each channel in a timely manner, and will secure placements on a weekly basis. The Sales Manager will be the intermediary between Label Managers and channels, and will identify key priorities from our list of suppliers.
Some of the typical job responsibilities include:
- Identify and prioritize weekly priorities for Baseware Distributions top channels, including Beatport, iTunes, Amazon, etc.
- Maintain weekly quota of priority submissions and secured placements to our top channels, including Beatport, iTunes, Amazon, etc.
- Increase revenue by securing placements with our top suppliers including Beatport, iTunes and Amazon.
- Collect marketing materials from Label Managers to help manage priorities.
- Work directly with Baseware Distribution Label managers to help identify priority releases on a weekly basis that will be pitched to Beatport, iTunes, Amazon, etc.
To land this job you’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 4-5 years music industry experience (record label, physical or digital distribution network)
- Proven experience signing new business
- Understanding of the digital music marketplace and supporting technology
- Strong organization and administrative skills
- Knowledge of electronic music history and current state of the industry
- Well rounded appreciation and knowledge of all Electronic Music genres
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales.
And it will be a bonus if you’ve got:
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Experience with customer service or client relations management
- Experience in music industry publishing, accounting, retail, promotion, marketing and distribution.
SFX is the platform for the EDM revolution. With the leading festivals in the world, like Tomorrowland, the leading online destination, Beatport, and FX1, the marketing solutions agency for the millennial generation, SFX delivers the most exciting work environment for people in contemporary music, arts, culture and technology.
Our culture is open and entrepreneurial. Entertainment is fun, and we think work should be too.
How to Apply:
Please send a short note introducing yourself and why this position appeals to you. Include a resume and samples of your work.