- Westminster, MA
The Becket Family of Services provides an array of youth and family driven solutions, including home based treatment, family support, mentoring, residential respite, targeted case management, academic support, family therapy, and other therapeutic interventions. Becket is a proud supporter of the Building Bridges Initiative and is guided by the Joint Resolution to Advance a Statement of Shared Core Principles, with a goal to “advance partnerships among residential and community based service providers, youth and families to improve lives.”
Becket provides culturally sensitive, therapeutic services that are the linchpin for ongoing collaboration between the most important stakeholders in a child’s life, ensuring that each child has the support necessary to overcome challenges and move forward. Drawing upon nearly 50 years of organizational history, our experienced and innovative leadership team begins by creating a comprehensive, individualized plan for each client that focuses not only on the care we provide but also on the transitions that occur during and following their experiences with Becket.
Regardless of where and how youth and families are served, we believe planning must focus on supporting permanent and sustainable residence at home and in the individual’s community. Permanent solutions come as the result of dynamic and faithfully executed plans that address all aspects of a client’s life, including intellectual development, mental health, physical health, family dynamics, and leisure time. Plans are evidence based, family driven and youth guided.
Residential Counselor - Massachusetts
Becket provides residential services for adults with Developmental Disabilities and various Mental Health diagnoses. This includes assisting/supervising them with various daily activities including cooking, cleaning, administering medications, etc. Becket also assists the residents vocationally which includes helping the residents find employment and then job coaching once they are employed.
1. Implement Activities of Daily Living following Individual Service Plan objectives & Behavior Plans.
2. Involve individuals in social/recreational activities including:
a. Socialization and community integration
b. Development of meaningful interpersonal skills
c. Development of habilitation skills
d Placement transitioning
e. Transportation and access of public transportation
f. Role Modeling
g. Leisure and recreation
h. Development of cooking, budgeting and shopping skills
3. Involve individuals in Functional Skill Development
a. Development of communication skills
b. Personal hygiene and cleanliness of living area
4. Provides job coaching, career development and pre-vocational support services including teaching and training specific to each individual’s needs.
5. Promotes a high quality of living in all areas including medication administration, meal preparation, housekeeping, personal hygiene and leisure/recreation.
6. Provides transportation of individuals to scheduled appointments or social activities.
7. Record progress notes, behavioral data and log notes for each individual residing in the program.
8. Tracks data and progress on all identified areas of need.
9. Ensures the safety of the individuals and general public.
10. Models appropriate behavior for individuals residing in the program.
11. Engages in the upkeep of the residence.
12. Ensures adequate program coverage and supervision at all time.
13. Ensures duties and responsibilities are carried out in a supportive and professional manner.
15. Performs other job related projects and activities as requested or directed by
At Becket we believe in offering professional training and development of our people. As part of our commitment to our employees and our clients, we provide the following professional trainings:
- First Aid
- Proactive Alternates for Change (PAC)
- Participation in Medication Administration Program (MAP)
- Fire Safety
- Human Rights Training
- Other ongoing
Preferred Candidates will have:
- A background in Human Services with strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Meet safe driver guidelines as established by employer’s insurance carrier.
- Position requires criminal history background check.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education preferred.
Comprehensive benefits include, Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D, Wellness programs, Employee discount program, expense re-imbursement, with ongoing Professional training, Weekly clinical team meetings, and Opportunities for research