- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Want to be part of the team behind the developement of a game?
Behavior is looking for an Illustrator / Concept Artist particularly talented and versatile to participate in the development of a game PC / console multiplayer.
The Concept Artist will work in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment to conceptualize the game world.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in vector illustration, conceptualization, character design, drawing and illustration of a wide range of environments, objects and architectures. An exceptional academic understanding of the shape, structure, color and light and a particularly creative imagination are essential elements for this job.
- Imagine and develop an original visual style based on already established basis. Create clothes, color palettes, logos and prints to cover them.
- Responsible for designing and presenting the visual style of the game while respecting the artistic vision given by the art director;
- Create initial concepts from basic sketches, and then add the necessary details to obtain specific final concepts.
- Communicate with production artists to clarify concepts in order to reach deadlines;
- Participate to meetings to share ideas and knowledge. Undertake research and data collection prior to initiating a new task to ensure effective management and achievement of objectives by identifying graphics requirements of the game, having all the necessary reference material and understanding the artistic direction and the technological requirements;
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, drawing, visual arts or equivalent or related fields;
- At least 3 years of experience as a conceptual artist / illustrator;
- Some experience in 3D software (Maya, 3dsMax);
- Skills in conceptual art with a good understanding of perspective, color, light and atmosphere and how to use them correctly in reproducing a visual concept;
- Be able to express vision quickly in terms of linear art and color image reflecting the atmosphere, composition and interpretation;
- In-depth knowledge of drawing and softwares such as Photoshop or Illustrator;
- Solid knowledge in traditional arts, including figurative drawing, landscapes, and classical illustration;
- Ability to work in a variety of styles, sometimes produced by another artist or defined by the Artistic Director;
- Autonomous, good communicator and excellent team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure and sometimes with difficult deadlines;
- Be passionate about the field of video games;
- The ideal candidate has previous and relevant experience in the video game industry or in an agency to understand the inner workings of digital art creation;
- Ability to adapt easily to change. Good oral and written communication
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Great attention to detail.