- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developer in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is looking for a DevOps who will join its team for creating online games in Montreal. In addition, he/she will be responsible for the administration and the technical application of multiple production systems and work with extensible and open systems. The ideal candidate will work in a creative and fast-paced environment while using cutting-edge technologies.
The DevOps must be a quick learner and a real problem-solver. He/she must know how to resolve complex set cases while knowing how to find simple and adapted solutions.
As DevOps, your responsibilities will be as follows :
- Participate in the design and manage cloud infrastructures for web applications and games;
- Ensure appropriate daily operations for the systems under its responsibility;
- Solving problems at the root, find failure trends to identify long-term solutions;
- Establish processes to improve operational flows to better meet customer needs;
- Recognize and adopt best practices in testing, security, operational support and effective use of resources;
- Adapting and improving processes and systems management operations to meet rapidly growing and changing systems and traffic;
- Establish and support the process of compiling, testing and deployment of server applications;
- Participate in on-call rotation support (evening / weekend) with the rest of the team.
- 2+ years of experience using Linux
- Excellent problem analysis and troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent judgment, organization and problem-solving;
- Excellent knowledge of at least one of these scripting languages (Bash, Python, Go);
- Experience with container technology (Docker);
- Experience with version control tools like Git and Perforce;
- Experience with Ansible, Chef or others configuration management tools;
- Experience in managing cloud infrastructure on Amazon AWS , Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or other;
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code tools (terraform);
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools;
- Experience with monitoring tools, or time-series databases (Prometheus, InfluxDB or others);
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and associated networking concepts.
- Can learn to work with new technologies quickly;
- Sense of belonging/urgency and determination;
- Good skills in oral and written communications;
- Experience with container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes, Swarm or others)
- Ability to perform tasks in an environment where the activities take place at a rapid pace;
- Experience in administering Postgres and MySQL;
- Experience related to web applications and online games;
- Oral and written comprehension of English and French.