Business Development Director
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development while giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour Digital is looking for a Business Development Director who will identify, secure, and manage strategic opportunities and relationships with organizations outside of the company that help grow our games and our studio. Specifically, these opportunities and relationships include:
o Licensing external IPs as content in our original games.
o Distributing and licensing our games outside traditional western platforms and stores
o All opportunities related eSports, including partnerships, tournaments, sponsorships, and team relations.
o Hardware Vendor relationships
o Any new opportunities related to business growth
Drive all phases of the deal process, including:
- Identifying and developing the opportunity;
- Building a business case;
- Getting the buy in from the Digital studio management team and the game’s production leadership;
- Negotiating the term sheet;
- Collaborating with Legal, finance, and the company executive to close the long form agreement;
- Assisting and monitor partners in implementing their commitments to Behavior Digital;
- Representing the interests of partners to our production, product, marketing and business intelligence teams;
- Evaluate our new original games through a business development lens;
- Travel to meet with partners when face to face meetings are required;
- Maintain a deep understanding of all aspects of the game industry.
o 8+ years of experience relevant to business development;
o 4+ years of game industry experience;
o A passion for the gaming and entertainment industries;
o Proven ability to negotiate contracts;
o Able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of the organization and with partners;
o Excellent spoken communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese;
o Excellent written communication skills in English and Simplified Chinese;
o Other languages spoken or written (particularly Japanese and Russian) are assets.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.