Technical Director - Unannounced project (New original IP)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour Interactive is currently looking for a technical director for a brand new original IP. As a technical director, your main responsibility is to successfully deliver the new game by managing the technical risks and opportunities, making key design, architecture and implementation decisions with the production team.
- Steers and guides the technological ship for the project, and the teams involved;
- Makes high level design and architecture choices;
- Dictates technical standards, and guide the development team;
- Defines the technological strategy with the development team;
- Assesses the technical risks and mitigation plans;
- Selects the appropriate technologies given the project's constraints;
- Harnesses others' technical expertise to get the best possible solutions;
- Mentors key technical staff;
- Interviews candidates for technical positions;
- Works closely with other directors, leads, and developers to support project and company strategies;
- Acts occasionally as a developer to collaborate on high-impact, complex features or Tools.
- Previous experience as a technical director at least for one full game cycle, from conception to delivery;
- At least 8 years of game development experience on PC and/or game consoles and/or mobile devices; must have shipped at least 4 titles (or completed at least 4 development cycles);
- Experience with one of PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4 a requirement; experience with all three a plus;
- Strong programming skills in C++ or C# a requirement, experience with both a plus;
- Strong debugging skills required; notions of assembler and GPU debugging a plus;
- Strong performance analysis skills required, experience with at least one standalone profiler a must; familiarity with VTune, WPA/ETW, PIX, Razor and/or use of hardware performance counters a plus;
- Specialized knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus;
- Ability to self-organize and work very autonomously;
- Ability to cooperate and consult with other directors, leads, and staff;
- Ability to communicate well. Must be able to vulgarize technical concepts for both a technical and non-technical audience;
- Ability to define and break down complex technical mandates and architectures.
.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.