Creative Director (Exploratory)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour Interactive is seeking a dynamic leader with experience leading a team of creative individuals. The selected candidate will have demonstrated the ability to lead and develop the design and creative vision of mobile free-to-play game projects as well as the ability to collaborate with multi-faceted teams of designers, artists, programmers, product strategists to build compelling games.
The Creative Director is responsible for the quality of each individual project under their supervision. The incumbent is a coach and advisor to the team, as well as the referred owner of each of his projects. He ensures his team’s knowledge and skills development and keeps them current on the latest trends in the mobile games industry and best practices, especially mobile titles. The creative director must have the ability and interest to design, evaluate, tweak and balance a game’s finer details on a daily basis if needed.
• Assume responsibility for the quality while mindful of timelines of all creative tasks in the projects under his responsibility including concept development, pitching, prototyping and production including live;
• Ability to create tiered game loops that engage and convert players into spenders;
• Demonstrate “hands-on” leadership by constantly reviewing game builds and providing constructive feedback;
• Mentor and train the creative staff as well as maintain and keep current on industry knowledge of competitive games, successful genres, market trends and innovative game mechanics;
• Design compelling games based on original or existing intellectual properties;
• Maintain awareness of consumer demographics within the mobile games market;
• Provide support to Game Designers in the application of the business model on their game’s design by helping designing creative and effective acquisition and retention mechanics;
• Develop new intellectual properties that take into account the most recent market trends and identify franchise and brand extension opportunities;
• Communicate complex creative ideas to a wide and varied audience, from Executives to technical staff;
• Work with other Creative Directors to grow the creative departments within the company;
• Hire new staff in line with company requirements;
• Prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately;
• Recognize the strengths and weakness of staff as well as to coach and develop the team.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the interactive entertainment industry in a leadership role with proven success in previous creative endeavors within the mobile space;
• Solid experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously;
• Relevant experience managing a game development process using the industry milestones;
• Proven track record with at least one successfully published mobile game chart-topper;
• Solid ability to effectively pitch game concepts in drawings, writing, verbally or live presentations;
• Video game history demonstrating solid creativity and innovation skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.