3D Character Artist - Mobile
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour Interactive is looking for a 3D Character Artist to participate in the development of its games.
The 3D Character Artist artist will be required to produce characters but also other game elements such as environments and props.
The candidate has experience in the production of games on various platforms. The ideal candidate is autonomous and resourceful, with a keen eye for detail, and easily adapts to different styles. The candidate stays up to date with technological developments in the industry.
- Create the various elements required for the production of the game including textures and materials;
- Ensure optimal game performance by understanding and respecting the technical guidelines and optimizing the artistic elements, while achieving the desired visual quality;
- Communicate with other departments to understand their needs and requirements.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in the video game industry
- Mastery of the modeling component of the Autodesk Maya software. Relevant experience with other similar software is considered;
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop;
- Understanding PBR techniques (physically based rendering) is an asset;
- Portfolio demonstrates skills in creation of 3D models, textures, UV unfolding in and lighting;
- Traditional drawing is an asset;
- Degree or training in 2D animation / or recognized 3D Art education;
- Ability to work in a team and communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Passion for video games.