Economy Game Designer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour designers are focused on making incredible experiences for millions of players in different genres from all over the world. Our Economy Designers job is to understand how a game works, what drives players, creating helpful simulations and implementing balancing data. Additionally, Economy Designers assist the Live Operations teams in “games as a service” by identifying and developing strategies to improve key performance metrics. You will also contribute to the design as a whole, providing feedback and suggestions to develop compelling mechanics.
- Collaborate with the design team on all game designs and provide active feedback
- Work with other disciplines like Engineers, Data Analysts, and Product Managers to find and champion solutions
- Assist in the overall monetization strategy in planning and implementing virtual products for sale
- Provide a grass roots approach in helping establish the game economic vision and strategy
- Plan data design to be flexible for a constantly evolving F2P market
- Establish rules and data parameters for key systems in the game
- Design, implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and player progression
- Contribute to and create design support documentation as necessary
- Continually iterate and improve game balance and the tuning features to maximize performance and improve the feel of the game
- 3 or more years of experience as a Systems Designer with a strong understanding of F2P Economy design
- A masterful understanding of Excel and other economic tools
- Thorough understanding of game design fundamentals and theory on how to craft an enjoyable experience
- Analytical thinking with the ability to identify issues ahead of time
- A strong understanding of market trends and monetization strategies
- Fluent in written English
- Passion, you need to love making games as much as we do!
- Post-secondary education in Game Design, Economics, or Mathematics is a plus.
- Understanding of Excel VBA is also a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.