User Research Specialist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
The role of The DATA team is to help Behaviour Digital teams (production, marketing, supports, …) feed and build their decision-making process through consumer and market expertise and research protocols using extensive data bases (with in-game and out-game data).
In order to ensure reliability and relevance of their studies, the DATA team relies on several types of expertise: data science, statistics, machine learning, ethnographic studies, market analyses, workshop animation, forecasts, simulations, etc.
As part of the DATA team, the USER RESEARCH SPECIALIST will provide in-depth insights into consumers and the market to accompany Behaviour Digital’s strategy on its markets for both existing and future products.
Help the production and marketing teams of Behaviour Digital take informed decisions and support the development of brands and products on the global market.
- Design, manage and analyse surveys.
- Conduct focus groups and analyze verbatim.
- Create reports on survey and playtest results.
- Identify cross-Behaviour Digital consumers’ behavioural patterns.
- Identify market strategy, business, marketing and game design best practices and patterns.
- Whenever relevant, capitalize on the internal research resources to propose innovative, timing- and cost-efficient solutions for the studio
- Collaborate with game development, marketing, business, and data teams to convey these learnings and accompany brand/game/services projects in their market strategy
- Contribute to user knowledge diffusion within the studio, feed and inspire the studio teams’ thinking with market and user studies
- Track gaming and entertainment trends
- Identify local and global market research partners
- Identify new business opportunities/weakness signals
- Solid experience in the Video Games/Entertainment/Media sector
- Experience with qualitative data (surveys, focus groups, online forums)
- Experience with market research
- Master’s in social science, communication, psychology, UX design, marketing or equivalent.
- Combination of expertise: market research and consumer studies
- Strong ability and willingness to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong ability to work independently
- Has a proven track of insight-driven work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Knowledge of the client side of the consumer market insights and analysis process
- Knowledge of various data analysis methods and hypotheses testing methods
- Basic knowledge of statistical methodology
- Extensive knowledge of transferring the insights into actionable points
- Interest in video games and its industry is a prerequisite
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.