Team Lead - Backend Services
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities and personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is looking for a talented Backend Services Team Lead who will be organizing a dynamic and cutting-edge team to bring them forward in their objectives of developing and maintaining a high-volume backend infrastructure. The chosen candidate will be responsible for organizing tasks across three specialties, operations, development and data, while also ensuring proper communication channels between the team and the different internal clients.
The Backend services Team Lead that we’re looking for must be a quick learner and be a natural leader. He/She must know how to organize tasks efficiently and encourage proper work ethic within the teams.
As Backend Services Team Lead, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Plan, organize, track and review tasks using established methodology
- Assist developers in features definition and scoping
- Ensure optimal team velocity to reach milestones
- Provide visibility to the Producer on the team main KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a team lead with DevOps and/or Programmers
- Experience with a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of the AWS platform
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Flexibility, pragmatism and the ability to adapt to change are essential
- Organized, independent and self-motivated
- Fluency in French and English is essential
- Knowledge of JIRA is a plus
- Experience in a high-volume backend infrastructure is a plus