Data Team Lead
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP’s across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities, personal development and at the same time giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is hiring a Project manager for its analytics and research team. The candidate will manage the analysts, scientists and engineers and work in tandem with a Lead Scientist to deliver insights to production teams of multiple online multiplayer video games, as well as to marketing, community, user acquisition and executive teams. You will create workflows to collect needs from all these internal teams and participate in the planning of the analytics and research team based on the priorities defined by the Lead Scientist. Prior experience in the fields of analytics, business intelligence or CRM is a plus.
The ideal candidate would have high organization skills, experience in managing people in a business context, an interest in data science, as well as a knowledge of the video game industry.
- Manage and coach a team of analysts, scientists and engineers;
- Create workflows to collect needs from internal teams and organize the planning of the team based on the priorities defined by the Lead Scientist.
- Organize the backlog of the team
- Help estimating time to accomplish tasks and commit to meeting all objectives;
- Assign tasks
- Maintain JIRA and Confluence tasks;
- Drive the team in day-to-day activities such as removing roadblocks and general problem solving;
- Perform other related duties.
• Experience using Agile development tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.);
• Genuine interest in Games.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and strong problem solving skills are required.
• Good understanding of the scientific process is a strong plus
• Flexibility, pragmatism and the ability to adapt to change are essential;
• Organized, independent, and self-motivated;
• Fluency in French and English is essential;
• Prior experience in the fields of analytics, business intelligence or CRM is a plus
• Good understanding of all areas of game development is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.