UI Designer - Business Solutions
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Behaviour is looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Creative Director, Product Managers, Art Director, UI designers and the Programming team.
- Conceive and create the visual content associated with the various digital solutions interfaces (Voice interface, 3D environments, Augmented Reality, VR, MR, Mobile, Responsive web, Desktop)
- Transform wireframes into highly detailed mock-ups and production ready graphical assets
- Complete research and gather data before taking on a new task in order to insure efficient management and reaching the objectives through a proper understanding of the app’s graphical requirements, by having at hand the necessary reference material, and by clearly understanding the artistic direction and the technical requirements
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile multidisciplinary teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, copywriters and UX designers.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Ability to use Persuasion Design techniques and Game Mechanics.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Graphic Design (or equivalent), more specifically in the development of interfaces and menu stylization
- Diploma in Graphic Design and/or Interaction Design or related field
- Strong experience designing UI and UX for applications – A knowledge of full stack and front-end development approach is a must
- Experience using tools such as Adobe XD/Axure, Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Figma
- Have a good understanding of usability, typography, colour theory, layout design
- Excellent presentation skills
- Great people and communication skills to work with our customers to meet their needs and vision
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Passionate about everything digital
- A passion for resolving user pain points through great design
- A brain wired for both creativity and analytical thinking
- Experience with the Unity Engine or Unreal is a plus