- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Behaviour is looking for a versatile in-game VFX Artist for an upcoming project. This role will require the candidate to work on all elements needed to bring polish to both UI feedback and in-game environment and actions. Under the guidance of the Art Director and using references created by an illustrator, the VFX Artist will be adding natural and unnatural phenomena FXs, as well as participate in the creation of textured models, scene lighting and post-process. The Artist will need to possess an excellent understanding of color, volume and composition. They must also be able to understand and follow technical restrictions and be able to adhere to tracking tools and the pipeline structure. They enjoy working in a team, sharing tasks and collaborating to the work of other team members. They must be flexible and accept the changes that occur during game production.
- Creating and integrating in-game UI feedback VFX;
- Creating and integrating all environmental VFX;
- Creating and integrating all characters VFX;
- Creating and integrating all gameplay events VFX;
- Profiling all particles and shaders and optimizing them to maximize performance;
- Creating and integrating skydomes/boxes;
- Creating and managing all post-processes;
- Design and implement static/dynamic lighting and reflection probes for all scenes/levels;
- Create and integrate all cutscene/trailer/quick time events VFX;
- Bring to life both design and art direction visions to flesh out the game experience;
- Help out UI artists with fullscreen visual effects;
- Act as a bridge between design/art/tech to find the best way to implement visual feedback for gameplay mechanics;
- Creating flow maps.
- 2+ years of experience in the computer graphics industry;
- 2+ years of experience working with Unreal and Maya.
- A strong understanding of particle systems;
- A strong understanding of shaders in general;
- Skilled in 3D polygon modeling, UV mapping, texturing and lighting;
- Training from an art school or training in a 3D/2D animation program, an asset;
- Passion for VFX and animation in video games;
- Knowledge of different game engines;
- Capacity to work in a team;
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Attention to details.
Please add your portfolio to your application.