Economic Game Designer - Internship - Summer 2020
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
The Economic Game Designer must be highly creative and work closely with the production team to define monetization strategies and implementation methods while staying on top of the most current industry trends.
- Defining the monetization strategy with the development team, and designing an economic model that brings value to the players;
- Planning player’s progression at different game’s stages (soft launch, launch, updates), identify key moments of the game for potential sales;
- Balancing virtual products, player’s progression, currencies sinks and sources;
- Analyze metrics and suggest improvements to the development and live team;
- Suggest improvements of the gameplay loops from a free-to-play perspective;
- Create design documents related to the economy that targets to improve acquisition, retention, and monetization.
- Studies in economic design or equivalent;
- Know Free-to play gaming, including the latest innovations and trends;
- Strong ability to balance complex game economic systems;
- Comfortable with monetization, retention, and virality concepts;
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel simulations and predictive calculations (analytical competencies and data modeling);
- Strong capacity for communicating ideas and abstract concepts and for deductive logic;
- Familiar with Agile production;
- Able to communicate knowledge and ideas with team members;
- Continuous analysis of current strategies and ability to propose of new ways to optimize/maximize game revenue;
- Able to plan for soft launch and live operation needs (prior experience with Live Ops);
- Knowledge of analytics software (funnels, segmentation, etc.) such as Tableau, Mixpanel, Swrve, or equivalents;
- Able to analyze data analytics and adjust game concepts and the economy balance to maximize retention, monetization, and virality;
- Highly creative;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Passionate about games and the Free-to-Play market;
- Fluent in English and French;
- Rigorous, curious, and effective;
- Organized and autonomous.
- Experience with Unity 3D.
- Knowledge of Excel VBA and macros.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.