Senior Shader/Texture Artist- Dead by Daylight
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
- Work closely the Art Director, the Technical Art Director, Art Lead and Lighting artist to achieve the artistic vision.
- Organize the texture pipeline, with Technical Art Director, Art Lead and Lighting Artist.
- Work closely with artists to understand environments needs and help them suggesting textures and technics.
- Understand the environments and assets production pipeline.
- Calibration and polish textures to apply them in the world.
- Ensure clear communication with their managers to give visibility to their team and their work.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a texture artist.
- You know the constraints related to real-time rendering and you master the classic graphic tools.
- Your communication, your proactivity as well as your team spirit are part of your strengths.
- You have technical English and you have enough fluency to express yourself on a daily basis both in writing and orally.
- Knowledge of the Unreal engine.
- Master artistic software: 2D / 3D computer graphics software (Maya / Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer / ZBrush / Photoshop).
- Learn new software and / or be a proponent for new software that improves the quality and performance of the team.
- Proficient in the PBR process.
- Have a solid understanding of image and composition (lighting, composition, calibration, rendering).
- Understand the constraints related to the Unreal engine.
- Develop strong artistic skills: Understand, apply visual concepts and use their artistic references to create and improve the graphic production of the project in line with the artistic direction.
- Being creative and able to take criticism
- Being able to adapt to change
- Sense of organization and anticipation
- Leadership and active listening
- Enjoy working in a team
Your portfolio is mandatory with your application.