Game Designer - Dead by Daylight Mobile
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Do you have experience releasing and managing mobile F2P games? This is a unique opportunity to join a successful game studio with big ambitions, working on some of the most exciting intellectual properties in entertainment.
As a game designer, you will work with a diverse team of creative directors, engineers, game economy/level designers, writers, product managers, producers and marketers to build and run a F2P mobile game. You will work with the game team to ensure we’re creating profitable games that will entertain players for years to come.
Ideally, you will have shipped a mobile F2P game. Your expertise in monetization and data-informed design should be balanced with strong creativity to surprise players with entertaining experiences.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure Dead by Daylight Mobile is an engaging, fun game in line with the DbD brand;
- Design & optimize game features, player progression and live ops content based on feedback, metrics and business goals;
- Find ways to leverage brand strengths in your designs;
- Review game builds and prioritize improvements;
- Work closely with programmers, artists and economic/level designers to implement your designs;
- Work with Product Managers & Data Analysts to understand the game’s KPI’s / Health Metrics as well as customer feedback to be able to formulate design decisions.
What we seek:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in mobile F2P games;
- Shipped successful mobile F2P games;
- Excellent knowledge of mobile F2P games design and balancing mid/hard-core genres;
- Experience and comfortable using Unreal Engine 4;
- Knowledge and passion for Dead by Daylight;
- Demonstrated experience in data-driven design;
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple game designers;
- Clear and concise oral/written communication in French and English in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Great organizational and documentation capabilities.
If you have one, please include your portfolio in your application.