3D Artist - Internship - Fall 2020 - Dead by Daylight
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Behaviour Interactive is looking for a 3D artist to participate in the development of Dead by Daylight. The versatile 3D artist, will be required to produce various game elements such as environments, characters and props. The ideal candidate is autonomous and resourceful, with a keen eye for detail, and easily adapts to different styles.
- Create the various elements required by the production of the game including textures and materials.
- Ensures optimal game performance by understanding and respecting the technical guidelines and optimizing of artistic elements, while achieving the desired visual quality.
- Communicates with other departments to understand their needs and requirements
- Mastery of the modeling component of the Autodesk Maya software.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Understanding PBR techniques (physically based rendering) is an asset.
- Portfolio demonstrates skills in creation of 3D models, textures, UV unfolding in and lighting
- Traditional drawing is an asset
- Stuides in a 3D school
- Ability to work in a team and communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Passion for video games
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.