Lead Programmer, Corporate Technologies
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Behaviour is looking for a talented Programming Team Lead to work within our Corporate Technologies group that supports our internal frameworks, tools and services for production teams.
The specific team you'll be responsible for is the internal framework, tools and SDKs for our supported engines. Our team is responsible for assisting production teams in delivering the best content possible to their players. The team is also in charge of handling client-sided integration with our backend services, integrating with our build automation suite as well as providing tools that will make the production teams more efficient in their daily tasks. We are supporting Unity and Unreal based projects so your knowledge in at least one of these two engines is very important for this role.
In this position, you will act as the team direct report for all their daily operations and tasks. You will be responsible for making sure the roadmap and our global strategy is well understood by the team. If you appreciate leading a group of very talented developers who thrive at making sure we deliver the best value possible, this position is for you.
On a daily basis, you'll handle JIRA tasks and planning but also participate in all strategy discussions toward improving the quality of the team and our offering.
What will you do?
- Lead and manage a team of programmers dedicated to delivering features and fixing bugs for our internal frameworks and tools
- Build the schedule for the programming team
- Assign tasks to programmers
- Help estimating time to accomplish programming tasks and commit to meeting all objectives;
- Coach and guide the development of the team members
- Plan, organize, follow-up and evaluate the work of the team
- Actively work with leads and people from other departments: producers, directors, designers, and artists
- Provide help and support with programming when needed
- Perform other related duties when required
- You have more than 6 years writing clear and maintainable code
- You have a previous experience leading and managing a team of programmers
- You have participated in a central technology team before
- You are a great programmer and you are more than comfortable writing C++ or C#
- You ideally have a previous experience in programming tools and engines modules
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time and work within deadlines
- You have a strong interest and a real enthusiasm for video games and the gaming environment we work in
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are thriving on change and can adapt changing needs and requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and to better games for our users.