Backend Programmer - Node.js - Business Solutions
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by Daylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more.
Since 2014, Behaviour has set up a team dedicated to the corporate space, Business Solutions. By leveraging tools and technologies that have been successfully developed and proven in the video game industry, we can support our non-gaming and corporate clients in their transformation strategies.
As a Backend Programmer – Node.js, you will actively participate in the development of our ongoing projects.
- Develop new server functionalities and maintain existing code base;
- Write specifications prior to developing new features;
- Diagnose and resolve problems in order to improve code robustness;
- Collaborate closely with other programmers to provide compliant services for the API server;
- Pass on knowledge to junior developers;
- Develop and perform functional and load testing;
- Optimize code, with consideration for the fact the API is live and online;
- Review routing code for team members.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing high-speed server applications using Node.JS and Typescript
- API RESTful developing experience
- Good understanding of git-based versioning systems (Github/Gitlab)
- Good understanding of Docker and docker-compose
- Pedagogy and the ability to transmit knowledge to junior developers
- Experience with testing and CI/CD processes
- Work experience with web cloud service technologies (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- In-depth relational and non-relational database experience and knowledge (MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Oracle or others)
- In-depth data modelling experience and knowledge, with a focus on performance and maintenance
- Experience with load testing and with distributed load generators
- Bilingual: English and French (spoken and written)
The Nice to haves
- Using DDD-based development principles
- Experience developing in a Unix environment
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.