Paralegal, Contracts & Intellectual Property
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Behavior is seeking a full-time paralegal reporting to the Senior Advisor, Business Affairs. If you have exceptional organizational skills and seeking to be part of a creative, forward-thinking industry, this position could be for you.
- Be the point of contact of Behaviour’s teams to prepare confidentiality agreements and service contracts, and related amendments or termination letters, and manage the signing process;
- Assist the legal team in the review of software licenses;
- Assist the legal team in the organization and update of contracts summaries and drafting of guidelines for Behaviour’s teams.
- Prepare cease and desist letters in connection with the fraudulent use of Behaviour's content;
- Assist the legal team in copyright filings, priority searches and prepare trademark proofs of use;
- Keep the trademark and copyright portfolio up to date in collaboration with outside counsels.
- Assist the legal team in advising and assisting production, marketing and corporate teams on legal matters in any field that may affect their business activities, including by conducting searches in connection with intellectual property, consumer law and privacy;
- Assist the legal team in their legal and administrative tasks: preparation of corporate documentation, updating of contract templates, translation of documents, filing and organization of the legal department's archives;
- Participate in some special projects and do other related tasks.
- You have a diploma in law or in paralegal technology.
- You have approximately one year of experience in a company or a law firm;
- You have some knowledge of intellectual property or experience in the entertainment industry (an asset);
- You are able to write and communicate in both French and English (the vast majority of contracts are in English);
- You are a tech enthusiast, are familiar with the Microsoft Office suite tools, and have already used Docusign and Office 365 (an asset);
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude and show initiative;
- You have great people skills and demonstrate professionalism, integrity and respect for confidentiality;
- You are able to maintain focus in a dynamic, team-oriented environment;
- You are organized, pay close attention to details, and like to keep your files in order.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of race, national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability.