Technical Lead Artist (tools and support)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Behaviour Interactive, one of North America’s largest independent game developers and publishers, was founded in 1992. The company boasts over 600 employees in its Montreal studio and more than 200 million downloads. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer. Behaviour counts among its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands including Activision, Bombardier, La Capitale, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more. For more information visit: bhvr.com.
The technical lead artist is responsible for the technical support offered to artists and for ensuring that artistic pipelines are efficient and up to date. He validates that the software versions used are stable and actively participates in artistic development by maintaining and producing various tools. He ensures the art technological unity of the company and offers constant and dynamic support to current productions. He aids artists and collaborates continuously with artistic technical directors.
- Act as a resource contact for artists and animators;
- Streamline production by finding ways to automate tasks and improve processes;
- Develops best-practices, and tools to solve problems and makes the artistic pipeline more fluid;
- Seeks to constantly push the limits of technology;
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the company’s artistic production tools;
- Keeps an eye on art technologies available on the market;
- Ensures the technical kickoff of projects
- Diploma in fine arts or computer science;
- Possess and demonstrates an artistic sense;
- 10 years of experience in 3D art and animation including 5 years as a technical artist;
- Mastery of Maya software. Knowledge of 3DS Max, Blender, Substance and Houdini an asset;
- Coding expertise in Python. Knowledge of Mel will be highly considered;
- Have a base or demonstrates curiosity for C # or C ++ languages;
- Knowledge of Unity and Unreal game engines;
- Support animators and provide the ability to automate rigs according to their needs;
- Capable of bridging various tools and programs in order to improve their use;
- Has good communication and documentation skills;
- Fluency in English and French;
- Demonstrates leadership and is customer oriented
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.