Data Developer - Dead by Daylight
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.
Behaviour is looking for a talented Data Developer who will be improving our data pipelines infrastructure to support an increasing volume of data, and more frequent and in-depth queries. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the performance and reliability of the platform, will provide support to the analyst/scientist as well as ensure the quality of the data.
The Data Developer that we’re looking for must be a quick learner and love thinking outside of the box. They must know how to organize workloads efficiently to balance live operations and development.
What will you do ?
- Develop and maintain the current data pipelines to efficiently process over a billion line of game data a day
- Develop and maintain the current ETLs to support the analysts, scientists and various automated processes
- Ensure that the pipelines meet the needs of their different users
- Participate in the design of all new data-related solutions with other teams (data analysts, data scientists, software developers, cloud architects)
- Use best practices in testing, security, performance monitoring and effective use of resources
- Keep up-to-date with best practices, new services and implement them when appropriate
- Develop toolsets to manage and optimize the existing data-pipeline operations
- At least 5 years designing and operating high volume data-related services
- Strong SQL experience in querying large and complex data sets
- Professional experience with Python development or similar language
- Experience with system management (Linux)
- Excellent problem analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of standard data pipelines architectures and best practices
Would be considered as pluses:
- Experience with cloud services (AWS or others)
- Experience with Container (Kubernetes)
- Experience with big data analytics tools (Spark, Databrick, Presto, Dask)
- Experience developing web API
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of race, national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability.