- Grand Rapids, MI
We are West Michigan's premier home appliance and electronics showroom experience. Bekins is ranked as the numer one integrator of custom electronics and home theater systems in Michigan and in the top 100 nationwide. We are also the home of Bekins Cooking School, where you will learn that it is fun to be in the kitchen again.
We are seeking a Chef Instructor for our Grand Rapids and Grand Haven locations. This position creates and conducts cooking classes and demonstrations for customers in our cooking school kitchens.
- Pay based on performance and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
- Great team atmosphere where training is continuously offered and encouraged.
- Positions with tremendous growth opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create class ideas and topics of interest to our customers.
- Write class descriptions and schedules on a timely basis.
- Plan, setup, and conduct public and private cooking classes on a regular schedule.
- Maintain the showroom kitchen’s immaculate condition.
- Act as a subject matter expert on culinary, cooking and appliance subjects.
- Assisting with sales and service matters.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Professional culinary experience or degree
- Teaching, public speaking, or presentation experience.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Office technology competency with spreadsheets, email, databases, and word processing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.