Looking for a PHP developer to extend the capabilities of the website of the bimonthly magazine the company, the premier publication in its field. If hired, you will join a team of ten other Web professionals who together make up a dedicated digital-publishing group. Your work will center on enhancing the Drupal CMS with custom module development, maintaining the existing code base, and managing vendors like security consultants and system administrators.
If hired, you will report to the lead Web producer and will work closely with the magazine's circulation, advertising, and editorial groups.
The responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Creating ecommerce workflows; converting site visitors to customers
- Deepening visitor engagement by launching applications for two-way conversation
- Collaborating with developers at the magazine's fulfillment house on database APIs
- Enhancing ad-serving software for a greater variety of advertising tactics
- Improve paywall flexibility; create mechanisms for rapidly testing new editorial products.
- Augment the site's ability to syndicate content to partner sites through feeds, etc.