Business Developer - Southern Sweden
- Borgmästaregatan 13, Karlskrona
First Hotels is a leading collection of hotels with more than 90 unique hotels centrally located in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Spain. First Hotels is committed to providing quality experiences and individual choices. All our hotels offer a unique atmosphere and singular sense of style.
Focusing on the transient and MICE segments for the hotels overseeing the local, regional and Scandinavian Markets. Working with the Global Sales Organization and Individual company’s procurement departments as well as with wholesale partners, crew and intermediaries. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Managing Sales Activities
- Participates in activities to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Activities include: Sales Blitzing, Solicitation Calling, Appointments, Site Visits, Entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 5 years’ pro-active sales experience in hospitality industry or related professional area
- Fluent command in English and Swedish
- Team player and entrepreneurial
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills both in verbal and written (language required).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Works with customers to align customer requirements and actively up-sell each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
- Maintains customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- High level of honesty, integrity, commitment and responsibility.
- Able to resolve problems and conflicts and a professional and tactful manner.
- Outgoing and confident
Director of Sales & Distribution
Based in Karlskrona or surrounding cities
Belvar is a global hotel management company with a Norwegian Head Office and currently operates Moxy Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott hotels and First Hotels. Belvar also owns and operates its own brands: First Hotels, Gård Taste Scandinavian restaurants and X Meeting Point.