VP of Sales Operations - Toronto, CA
- Toronto, Canada
Confidential client; pays from upto $120K as base but is willing to match market standards for exceptional talent.
Leader in the distribution of electrical and mechanical components for the industrial marketplace. Seeking a Vice President capable of defining strategies and leading a sales/operations team in the execution of tactics to achieve growth objectives in the Canadian market place. This division specializes in the sales of electrical components and systems that involve motors, drives, encoders, controls and other electrical components and various electrical product lines.
Strong knowledge of the Ontario and Alberta markets and customer base is desired. Proven leadership skills are paramount, along with the ability to manage and motivate a sales team to maintain high activity levels, create and maintain team synergy and achieve business objectives. The successful candidate will possess a strategic and entrepreneurial approach to growing the business; a strong commitment to and ownership of the success of the division and assigned territory; a superior work ethic and demonstrable excellence in time management, communication, decision-making, interpersonal relations, presentation, negotiation, customer service and organization skills.
The Vice President will be responsible for maximizing sales and profitability within the division. To accomplish this, the successful candidate must be adept at managing the P&L of the Branch and also to assume a direct sales role.
* Develop a sustainable, profitable growth model which covers Ontario, Alberta and Quebec.
* Work closely with vendors & customers including negotiating costs with existing vendors and aligning with new vendors to provide complete solution/customer value.
* Expand business, identify new products and develop solutions/services business into the Industrial vertical.
* Develop new accounts with current products.
* Manage division to tightly integrate Pre-Sales, Post-Sales & Outside Sales responsibilities.
* Cross sell products into existing accounts.
* Manage and support Inside & Outside Sales teams; recruit sales talent that are driven and motivated.
* Support sales team in solution selling by using strong technical understanding of motors, drives, controls and other automation products and how they are integrated in customer applications.
* Instill a culture of urgency and passion to win through building a strong team.
* Develop a customer centric Post-Sales organization.
* Bachelor's degree or higher.
* 7-10 years' experience in a sales management role, managing a team of 5-10 sales staff.
* Must have experience in business development and direct selling experience into Industrial markets, preferably selling motors, drives, controls and other automation products.
* Must have sales management/coaching experience.
* Must have a strong ability to sell.
* Must be customer centric, process oriented, disciplined with attention to detail.
* Must have P&L experience.
* Cross training across product lines.
* The ability to multi-task is paramount.
* Be responsive in meeting deadlines and timelines when reporting information in to head office.
* Be professional and a team player working to build a global company.
* Hold the highest level of integrity and conduct yourself with transparency in all business dealings.
* Other related duties as required.
Successful applicants must meet minimum qualifications. Compensation is not a constraint.
Please direct all enquires to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and mention current compensation