- San Francisco, CA
Founded in 2006, Benz Communications has a national reputation as a leading Human Resources and employee benefits communication consulting firm. Our work helps thousands of people make smart decisions about their health care, retirement and other benefits. We’re passionate about our work and the opportunity we have to make a big impact in the national dialog on health care reform and other topics that are critical to individuals’ health and well-being.
Our communication consultants lead client engagements, from strategy and planning to execution of integrated communications campaigns. Our campaign work includes all aspects of digital and print communication, including building custom websites, creating personalized print materials, video, social media and everything in between.
This is the key role to our success and our clients’ success—understanding what our clients are trying to accomplish and creating the strategy and individual deliverables that form an effective marketing campaign. We’re looking for the most exceptional, most talented, most passionate people out there.
Our ideal candidate has a journalism or writing background and at least 3-5 years of employee benefits communications consulting experience at a Fortune 500 company, large HR consulting firm, benefits administrator or health plan.
You firmly believe that any good campaign is built on a solid strategy. You have the technical expertise to explain any nuance of a benefits plan. You have the creative communications and marketing expertise to get people to pay attention to that nuance. You understand how large organizations manage benefits and how to meet the needs of an over-stretched and under-pressure client. You’re inspired by the potential for employee communication to have a truly remarkable role in transforming people, our companies and our country and the world.
- Ability to establish credibility and trust at all levels within a client organization
- Client account management
- Active listening skills
- Ability to confidentially share a strong POV
- Ability to create emotional connection, understanding and drive action by using marketing tactics
- Pride in quality of deliverables
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects concurrently
- Partner across cross functional teams to solve problems and achieve success
- Flexibility and agility
- Curiosity and aptitude to stay current as trends change and technology evolves with a desire for ongoing learning
- Expert in MS Office applications
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Strong business acumen
If you are qualified and interested, please attach the REQUIRED items below to be considered:
- PDF of your résumé.
- PDF of your cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and why it would be the right fit for you.
Please name the attached files lastname-firstname-resume and lastname-firstname-coverletter respectively. If you have a salary requirement, we’d appreciate knowing that as well.
Most of our team is based in San Francisco but we have people scattered around the country. Our preference is to find someone who will be based in the San Francisco office.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No relocation support. No phone calls please.