Facilities & Special Projects Coordinator
- Berkeley, CA
Berkeley Food and Housing Project (BFHP) has a clearly stated mission and purpose: to ease and end the crisis of homelessness in our community. Every program supports this mission and everyone who works for or on behalf of BFHP understands and is loyal to this mission and purpose. The Agency's mission is responsive to the constituency and communities served by it.
This position reports to the Director of Advancement and performs skilled and professional marketing and development functions for a highly donor dependent organization. This individual is often the first contact for new and interested supporters and partners in the community. The Development & Marketing Assistant continues to look for new and improved ways to reach our audience and maintain relationships vital to our agency.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs for all BFHP program locations, with an emphasis on preventative maintenance
- Work with supervisors to maintain accurate facilities budgets for each location
- Assist with all agency IT support needs
- Performing annual physical inventory on all fixed assets
- Other duties as directed
- Review all HRP applications and coordinate with HRP program agencies
- Maintain government contract binders, in compliance with agency and government retention policies
- Work with staff to develop and maintain a system for timely collection and reporting of outcomes
- Work on special projects as needed
- Act as project manager for CDBG and other Capital Projects
- Assist with RFP procurement process in adherence to agency and grant requirements
- Assist with MAA activities
- Ensure that all staff work within the framework of the agency’s Code of Conduct
- Exercise responsibility appropriate to the positions and delegated authorities
- Be responsible to everyone else, the agency and its stakeholders both for your actions and your decisions not to ask
- Conduct business in accordance with BFHP Employee Handbook, exercising sound judgment and serving the best interests of the agency and the community
- Commit yourself to treating each community member with respect and dignity
- This position is 25 hours per week, to be scheduled 5 hours each weekday.
Work within the framework of BFHP’s Code of Conduct. Must have clean DMV record, a valid driver’s license, fingerprint clearance, TB test clearance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- B.A. / B.S. and at least one year experience in similar position
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to maintain professional conduct, attitude and appearance at all times
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency on PC computer systems, MS Office suite, ability to perform word processing, data entry and other tasks at computer work station
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle, feel
- The employee is frequently required to climb stairs, walk, sit, talk and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
- The employee must occasionally safely lift and/or move up to 40lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Paste cover letter and resume to the body of an email and send toDavid Stogner, Operations Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify what position you are applying for in the subject line. NO ATTACHMENTS OR PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.