Senior Case Manager / TS Coordinator
- Berkeley, CA
Berkeley Food and Housing Project (BFHP) has a clearly stated mission and purpose: to ease and end the crisis of homelessness in our community. Every program supports this mission and everyone who works for or on behalf of BFHP understands and is loyal to this mission and purpose. The Agency's mission is responsive to the constituency and communities served by it.
Transitional Housing Services is currently comprised of Transitional House, a fourteen-bed, 24-month communal living, transitional housing and living skills program for homeless women with psychiatric disabilities, leading to permanent supportive housing placement, and Independent House, and seven-room, six-month communal living and transitional housing program for homeless women who are able to live independently and who are motivated to take the necessary steps to move from homelessness into permanent housing. It is located within the North County Women’s Center, which also contains a 32-bed women’s shelter, housing case management services, and a meals program.
The Senior Case Manager / TS Coordinator provides all case management services for the TS programs, and ensures that clients receive the quality of service which meet the standards of BFHP and are in compliance with all its contracts.
Work within the framework of BFHP’s Code of Conduct. Must have clean DMV record, a valid driver’s license, fingerprint clearance, TB test clearance, CPR and First Aid Certification. Successfully complete all Privacy and Security Training required by BFHP and maintain confidentiality regarding clients, personnel and other internal agency affairs.
- Provide case management for up to 26 program participants
- Supervise all Transitional Housing Services (TS) day and shift staff
- Conduct intake and assessment of new housing applicants
- Develop individual client service plans, including specific goals and objectives and budget plans, and meet with each TS client at least once per week to monitor client progress, and provide ongoing support
- Maintain all client case management and landlord records and files in compliance with HUD contract documentation requirements
- Work with the NCWC Manager to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statistical and demographic reports
- Coordinate transportation for participants to appointments as necessary
- Work with TS and Housing Case Management Team to prepare all TS residents to become housing-ready and to move into permanent housing
- Assist residents in reunifying with their children and other family members
- Provide post-program completion assistance as needed
- Share 24-hour on-call pager responsibilities with other senior NCWC staff, to respond to client or programmatic emergencies
- Attend all agency staff meetings and training sessions, and case conferences
- Participate as a member of agency Leadership Team, and serve on other agency committees as necessary
- Work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Work within the framework of the agency’s Code of Conduct, and ensure all staff work within the framework of the agency’s Code of Conduct
- Exercise responsibility appropriate to the positions and delegated authorities
- Be responsible to everyone else, the agency and its stakeholders both for your actions and your decisions not to act
- Conduct business in accordance with the BFHP Employee Handbook, exercising sound judgment and serving the best interests of the agency and the community
- Commit yourself to treating each community member with respect and dignity
- BA/BS Degree in Social Work or related field, MA preferred
- Three years of relevant case management and mental health experience
- Commitment to issues related to homeless people and people with mental health issues
- Ability to meet deadlines, complete multiple tasks in a timely manner, and work within a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to set priorities in consultation with supervisor
- Self-starter who is flexible and creative
- Possess good conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain professional conduct, attitude and appearance at all times
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency on PC computer systems, Microsoft Office suite and ability to form word processing, data entry, and other tasks at a computer workstation
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle, feel
- The employee is frequently required to climb stairs, walk, sit, talk and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or reach
- The employee must occasionally safely lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
To apply for this position, please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This should all be in the body of the email - no attachments, please. "Applying for Program Supervisor -- Multi Services Center" needs to be in the subject line of the email. No phone calls.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.