Sr. Unix Administrator
- Maryland Heights, MO
Client is looking for Sr. Unix Administrator - Maryland Heights, MO. This is a permanent position. Salary range is DOE
This position will require the following tasks.
Project based position responsible for highly visible and critical software and hardware projects. Provide second level support and training to the Admin team. Provides systems technical support to users, both internal and external, and coordinates problem resolution. Engage in high integration and interaction with IT Applications in solution design and implementation.
• Identify requirements, design, document and coordinate the implementation of solutions to major hardware and software projects within the platform environment.
• Obtain feedback from and work with internal IT staff, end users, external customers and third party vendors on the solution. Implement and thoroughly test solutions on a test system. Create project plans and perform training when applicable.
• Maintain and document the system hardware configuration. Using performance and capacity planning information recommend and plan platform system, CPU, memory, and disk upgrades.
• Provide primary support of highly visible and critical system issues. Provide second level support of escalated issues from System Administrators, Production Control and Data Center Operations.
• Stay current with new hardware and software technologies, products and announcements on the platform. Present information on these technologies to Manager and Admin team.
• Mentor and train System Administrators.
Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
Experience: 5-8 years.
Industry: Information Technology.
This position may require the ability to left 50 lbs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience with IBM systems hardware and software:
IBM Power4 through P7
Session Management Server (SMS)
AIX Installation and Configuration
HACMP and PowerHA
Virtual I/O Server VIOS)
Network Install Manager (NIM)
Other Unix systems hardware and software management:
Dell and/or HP Hardware
Linux (Redhat Enterprise RHEL / Oracle Unbreakable)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Strong experience with performance measurement and capacity planning methods and techniques. Relevant experience in performance tuning and optimization, system and network configuration optimization and planning, and application programming efficiencies. Knowledge of database security, local and remote device communications, enterprise storage, and enterprise backup technologies.
Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated resume
Total experience as System Administrator:
Total Experience with Unix:
***Total Experience with AIX Installation and Configuration:
Total Experience with IBM Power4 through P7:
Total Experience with Linux (Redhat Enterprise RHEL / Oracle Unbreakable)
Do you have experience with Symantec Netbackup:
Do you have experience with EMC Storage?
Do you have experience with Solaris OS.:
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card /H1B/ others):
Have you applied recently for this requirement earlier through anyone else? Y/N:
Are you ready to relocate on your own expenses (Yes/No)?
Why are you leaving your current employer?
Why are you interested in this job?