Data Center Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA
Client is looking for Data Center Engineer - Commerce, CA. This is a permanent position.
The Data Center Engineer is responsible for installing, maintaining and supporting the enterprise infrastructure and the end user systems. The Data Center Engineer is a first responder with regards to support for servers, network infrastructure, desktops, printers, cameras, handheld computing systems and phones. Additional job duties will include, installing both mainstream and in-house software, troubleshooting peripherals, Imaging desktops for deployment, troubleshooting WAN/LAN issues, enterprise-wide infrastructure maintenance, performing regular preventative maintenance on servers, desktops and printers, contacting various vendors for warranty repair on various hardware, the installation of data, phone and CCTV cabling and managing the inventory of IT assets. The candidate should be familiar with a majority of all things listed above and have the willingness to adapt and learn new technologies as necessary. This position reports directly to the Director of Information Technology. The Data Center Engineer will use their ability and take a proactive approach to supporting the enterprise.
Main Job Duties
- Install, Configure and maintain all hardware and software throughout the enterprise.
- Maintain preventative maintenance processes.
- Provide prompt, professional help desk response to end users.
- Collaborate closely with other IT team members in delivering dependable support.
- Maintain enterprise backup systems (data, power, hardware, etc.).
- Available 24x7 for on-call support and able to work flexible hours to meet SLAs.
- 5-7 years in a desktop support function or better.
- A + certification, and/or MCSE, degree in an appropriate technology or business related field or combination.
- Familiar with infrastructure services including SMTP, DNS, DHCP, GPO.
- Proven experience managing Active Directory, Exchange, MSSQL, and Linux Servers.
- Experience with configuring switches, firewalls and routers (Cisco, Juniper, pfSense).
- The ability to work well unsupervised and meet goals and deadlines in a timely manner.
- Provide dependable 24x7 support to the enterprise.
- Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Candidate must have the ability to promote a positive atmosphere throughout the team and organization.
- Able to travel between Commerce, CA & Chatsworth, CA on a day to day basis.
- Experience with Inter-Tel or MiTel phone systems.
- Experience with MAS200, or E21 line of business applications.
- T-SQL Query experience for reporting needs.
- Including: HP, Dell, Microsoft Windows Server, Hyper-V, VMware, Linux, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Symantec BackupExec, McAfee AntiVirus
Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated resume
Total experience as Data Center Engineer:
Total Experience with the Active Directory:
Total Experience with Exchange:
Total Experience with Linux Servers:
Total Experience with configuring switches, firewalls and routers (Cisco, Juniper):
Are you Familiar with infrastructure services including SMTP, DNS, DHCP:
Total experience with HP, DELL, Windows Server:
Do you have experience with VMware?
Do you have experience with MiTel phone systems?
Do you have experience with T-SQL Query?
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card /H1B/ others):
Have you applied recently for this requirement earlier through anyone else? Y/N:
Are you ready to relocate on your own expenses (Yes/No)?
Why are you leaving your current employer?
Why are you interested in this job?