Principal Business Intelligence Support Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
Birst is the only enterprise-caliber Business Intelligence platform born in the cloud – giving business teams the ability and agility to solve real problems. Fast. Engineered with automated data integration and powerful analytics, along with the ease of use of the cloud, Birst is less costly and more flexible than legacy BI and more powerful than Data Discovery.
Find out why Gartner named Birst a Challenger in its most recent BI Magic Quadrant and why more than a thousand businesses rely on Birst for their analytic needs.
Birst has won the TDWI Best Practices Award for Dashboards and Scorecards, the Red Herring 2010 Global Award, Cloud Award for Innovative Data Management and was named in CIO Magazines top 20 companies to watch in 2012 list.
Birst is a rapidly growing company seeking to grow with individuals passionate about BI and customer success. For more, please visit http://www.birst.com
- Analyzing customer’s Business Intelligence product configuration & troubleshooting issues with deep analysis of data architecture, modeling, reporting and dashboards.
- Troubleshooting Star schema and Snowflake design models with a deep understanding of Data Warehousing concepts.
- Resolving data modeling issues for Birst customers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex SQL scripting issues.
- Troubleshooting application and database event logs, system Backup & Recovery, application Load balancing/clustering
- Managing multiple incidents & problems while working in high visibility situations
- Working independently and with minimal supervision to complete tasks and assignments as directed.
- Coordinating with internal product and hosting teams to ensure timely resolution of customer issues.
- Contributing to our ever growing Knowledge Base Articles.
- Identifying and promoting opportunities to reduce the amount of direct support required through product improvements, training, online support, and self-service.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills required.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more Business Intelligence tools like Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE and QlikView.
- 5+ years of experience in SQL with common RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres etc.
- Ability to write and debug complex SQL
- Exposure to data modeling for data warehousing- star, snowflake schema designs
- Exposure to ETL, Data Integration tools like Informatica, Microsoft SSIS, Data Stage, Data Integrator, SAS is a plus.
- Knowledge of high availability & performance tuning techniques in SQL Server Administration is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC), CRM or SAP is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Windows architecture, HTML, XML and an understanding of the internet is a big plus.
- Ability to take leadership of issues and drive them to closure
- High energy, passion and drive for success.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, the ability to manage conflict, and scheduling flexibility
What's it like here?
- We have a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that offers the opportunity to work with a wide array of customers that use Birst to drive their business in a lot of different ways.
- Our headquarters are conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, highly accessible by Muni, BART and Caltrain
Birst is the only enterprise-caliber Business Intelligence platform born in the cloud. Less costly and more agile than Legacy BI and more powerful than Data Discovery, Birst is engineered with an automated data warehouse and rich, visual analytics, to give meaning to data—all types and sizes. Coupled with the agility of the Cloud, Birst gives business teams the ability to solve real problems. Fast. Find out why Gartner named Birst a Challenger in its most recent BI Magic Quadrant and why more than a thousand businesses rely on Birst for their analytic needs. Learn to think fast at www.birst.com and join the conversation @birstbi.